Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Seattle Children's Musuem

Last weekend we decided to take a "staycation" and go to the Seattle Children's Musuem. We got a great deal on groupon.com a while ago and got a half price deal for our family. We hadn't been to the musuem since James was little and knew that Audrie would probably love it. We were a little concerned as to James' interest level, but decided to give it a shot. It was a great time. All our kids LOVED it, I didn't get many pictures of Audrie because she wouldn't stay still. There was so much to do there and she wanted to do it all. We will definetely look for another deal and go again. We were only there for about 3 hours, and the kids wished we could stay longer, but it was closing. As a teacher, I love how they intergrate learning with play. It was fun to see them interact together and pretend play.
James and Abbie taking a sailing trip around the world.

James, Abbie, and Audrie doing my grocery shopping, thanks guys!

This had to be Audrie's favorite part, shopping and filling her cart then emptying it. She was so focused and determined during this time. A good little shopper.

Miss Abbie the checker!

Miss Audrie the firewoman!

One of my favorite parts of the musuem was this part where they made storybooks come to life. Again, as a teacher, I just loved being able to walk through the pages of the storybooks I have read to my class and my own children and see them retell the sotry as well. Can you tell which story this is?? I bet many of my teacher friends can tell the author/illustrator as well.

This is James' in Frog and Toad's tree.

Here is James and Abbie crawling into Frog and Toad's story of A Lost Button.


What a cute pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment