Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Changes....

I haven't been able to keep up with my blog as much as I would have liked lately because I took a new full-time job teaching full-day kindergarten at Meridian Elementary in Kent. It was a VERY hard decision to leave my school I love of 11 years, staff and parents as well. I shed many tears and couldn't talk about it without getting choked up. It has been a whirlwind packing up my old room, moving, cleaning my new room (oldest building in the district), setting up my new room, learning the ins and outs of my new school, and trying to get my own kids ready for their first day. I worked many 12 hour days. We also did kindergarten pre-assessment, full-day kindergarten training, and got trained about our refugee kids from Burma (very interesting, ask me about it sometime). School starts on Wednesday, I am nervous and excited. It is hard to be new. I was well-loved at my old school and knew everyone. Here, I am a stranger. It is not easy for me. It is a growing and learning experience. Financially it is the best decision for my family. I look forward to the many stories I will be able to tell. I have a potty in my room, so that should be interesting...

1 comment:

  1. praying for you Bethanie as you get used to the new school and community. I'm so happy for you guys that the Lord blessed you with the full time position you wanted, but I know change is hard. Grace yourself, you will be awesome! Once things settle down, I'd love to get together again.

    ReplyDelete