Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wild Waves

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. My cousin instructed me (which I read too late) to take a picture that morning of the "surprise" event, but I didn't even think of that. So you will just have to hear about it by reading my post. We surprised James and Abbie with a trip to Wild Waves and thanks to three wonderful friends, one who gave us discounted tickets (thanks April!), and two (Robin and Laura) who watched Audrie all day, we were able to enjoy the day with the bigger kids without nap interruption and such. The morning started out with drive-thru breakfast per kids request, dropping off Audrie, James' growth doctor appointment and blood draw (he is such a trooper!) and off to Wild Waves. Tuesday morning by 11:30 when we arrived, the weather was still a little cloudy, so we went on the dry rides first. James and Jim went straight for the Ring of Fire, which Jim regretted for the next 20 minutes. James liked it OK but said he wasn't sure if he wanted to go on anymore upside down roller coaster rides for a little while. Abbie and I stuck to the merry-go-round and some of the little kids rides. James and I did do the mouse trap, which I have to admit, I closed my eyes most of the time. James said it was the first time he has ever heard me scream :)! We made Abbie do the Lumber Jack ride, which we promised her she wouldn't get that wet and we sat next to her the whole time (she cried the whole time). She will tell you she didn't like it, but she had a slight smile at the end and no, we didn't get a little wet, we were SOAKED! We continued riding rides until about 1:00, had lunch and the sun was peaking through. We were so excited to go on the water slides. Because of the early overcast, I think it eliminated a lot of people from coming because the lines weren't very long. James attacked every ride with excitement and enthusiasm. Abbie loved the wave pool, I mean only the wave pool. She didn't attempt even the small kid sized water slides. We could have just taken her to the Enumclaw swim pool. She would have been just as happy. She even took a nap around 3:00, very unusual for her, but she wore herself out swimming. James says that he can't pick a favorite water slide, they were all AWESOME! He can't wait to go again. Abbie says she had a great day, but maybe next time she will stay with Audrie at Robin's house. She is just a little more tentative these days. We took the kids to seafood, again per their request and off to Legendary Donuts for dessert. A place I will be taking my dad the next time he comes to visit! Jim and I were exhausted at the end. We both remember the all day fun we had at Wild Waves with Lightway, back in the day, and don't remember being that tired. We feel like we are getting OLD!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very tiring, but oh so fun! Glad you guys got to get away and spend some special time together.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! We took the kids to Great Wolf Lodge and they loved it. Not sure I want to tackle WW yet :)

    ReplyDelete