Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Cake Pops

I have been hearing about cake pops for over a year. Wanting to try and make them, but never having the time or fearful of the outcome. I am not a baker, although I LOVE to bake and try new recipes. I was having mommy guilt over working full-time this year and not being able to go to my children's parties at their school. I also wanted to make sure fun treats for my new class this year and for my new coworkers who have openly welcomed me to a new school. So I set out to make 100 cake pops in two days, which ended up I actually making 130. It was a learning experience. It was super fun and I thought they turned out cute, nothing like bakeralla who invented cake pops, but my kids were excited to bring them to school. I don't have the right technique or chocolate to make them super smooth, I will have to perfect that between now and then if I want to make the adorable reindeer cake pops during Christmas time, that is probably why I loved making the mummy the best because they hind my imperfections. Anyways, they were a hit, I think... and I tried something new!

Just plain with sprinkles!

Pumpkin, you can barely see the stem (it is a watermelon jelly belly).

Mummy cake pop

No comments:

Post a Comment